The work we do matters to our communities. How we do it is just as important.
Communities rely on our services in order to grow and thrive, and we are committed to doing business responsibly by:
- Implementing innovative technologies that are right for the job
- Seeking environmentally responsible solutions
- Prioritizing employee safety
Our employees deserve to go home safe at the end of every workday.
Walker’s health and safety programs ensure that work on your project meets legal requirements. Our policies well equip our employees to be vigilant and protect themselves and each other on the job site:
- Extensive safety training required for every employee both in the office and out in the field
- Safety policies are continually monitored by our corporate Health & Safety department and updated annually
- Employees are empowered and reminded to work safe at all times
Built from two trusted industry players, Walker Construction is committed to maintaining the quality service our communities and customers rely on.
Norjohn Contracting, a longtime part of Walker’s group of companies, has been providing the provincial, municipal and ICI sectors with road construction, pavement preservation, underground servicing and site development for over 40 years.
Harold Sutherland Construction Limited joined the Walker family of businesses in 2019, bringing over 50 years of experience in roadbuilding, construction, commercial and industrial site development and aggregate production.
In 2021, Sutherland Construction’s aggregate business became a part of Walker’s Aggregates division. The remaining construction side of the business teamed up with Norjohn to form Walker Construction. Together as one, we provide communities across Ontario with a more diversified service offering.